October 15, 2007

Reswingified

Blogging.
hmm.
out of practice.

I think this is where I tell you what I did today.
I fed my son an apple turnover that was more turnover than apple. They must have turned that sucker over five or six times. Then covered it with sugar. Forgetting for a second that we live in the Waldorf Astoria, we were not permitted to lick said sugar off our fingers.
That's what Griffins are for.

Far from totally jet lagged, I'm still super sleepy by 8 o'clock as I try to adjust back to this here hemisphere; with four days off in a row, however, I've gotten some of the best sleep I've had at home in a while. Helps that Ryan slept 13 hours Saturday night.
As always, it's an adjustment to come home after such a long time, learning where everything is, where everything goes, how everything works. And Ryan's progress is just amazing. Here I am trying to shove his little arms in his shirt, and he rolled his eyes and put his own shirt on thank you very much. He walks down the stairs face-first now (with assistance), knows his colors, knows all the pets' names, and has thrown the occasional "g" sound into grandad and grandpa. Ainsley has done such an amazing job with the boy. Hope I don't break him.

As of Friday we no longer have a functional yet inappropriately loud and hot wood-burning stove, as some dudes came and dismantled it Friday and re-mortared our chimney, while cementing a stainless steel tube up the entire length. Now once we get a screen or doors, we'll be able to have a roaring fire and actually have a conversation in the same room.

My dad had been out of town for a couple weeks himself, so we met up for dinner Friday night; as I approached his car with Ryan on my shoulders, what greeting did father give to his son he hadn't seen in two months?
"Hi, Ryan!"
So I see where I rate in the cute department.

Back to work on Tuesday, to see what the hell's going on with my new job. Then it's back to the ol' pattern...assuming Ryan can stop telling people his Daddy's "in Russia" and doesn't mind that I don't wake him up in the morning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home