January 02, 2009

Barnes & Pudding

Wanted to give Ainsley some time to herself to do things women do when they have time to themselves which are understandably unbeknownst by guys since we're guys and are rarely women alone, so I saddled up the kidders and took them to the library.
Which, on a cold, cloudy day, was more crowded than I'd have liked, making me wish I could stop having bright ideas to take my kids to where others are with their germs and stuff. But we watched a short movie, did some puzzles, read some books, rocked in a rocking chair, hugged a teddy bear, coveted the Spanish version of Cat in the Hat, looked at Squirt the Turtle, and then got disappointed:
Ryan, at the front desk, holding his football book to check out -- "Can I have a library card?"
Lady, at said desk -- "How old are you?"
Up go 2, then 3 fingers -- "3."
Evil lady -- "I'm sorry, you have to be 5 and in school in order to get one. Maybe your father can get one, though."
Dad, incredulous -- "I'm not in school..."

I mean, seriously. He's cute as a button, asking so nicely, and you slam the door in his face? Give him a coupon to Bath & Body Works and call it his Library Card. Make him happy. No, the gingerbreadman bookmark and the orange "I Visited My Library Today" sticker aren't going to cut it.

After naps, we all went to my Dad's to bring him some soup post-dental surgery. We also brought him some tapioca pudding, and Ainsley made him some jell-o. So he should be good to go for a couple days. He was also on cloud 9 having won the inaugural version of Chutes & Ladders, though that may have been the pain medication.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home