June 10, 2007

Endeavoring to be Ungoopy

Spent the end-week mostly at home on purpose, as I feel I've been gone too much. It's not really true -- I've only really gone to work -- but by the time I get home and spend some time with the fam, it's time for dinner, then time for Ryan's Mystery Bed Time Du Jour, and then hell the dogs are already asleep may as well join 'em. Just didn't feel like I've accomplished much in the house.
So yesterday morning we worked some on our backyard mini-porch/tree house, Ryan helping with his spare hammer by tapping away at anything he could find (sticks, the planks, a dog) or just sticking it in his mouth for safe keeping. While the others napped, I painted a wall we'd had to have re-drywalled after some remodeling, and then we all went out and shopped for a rug to go in the dining room, after the one we ordered two weeks ago turned out to be a phantom.
Today we took the dogs over to Grandad's to walk along a lovely path behind his house, where we saw tons of birds, squirrels, two deer, and a few ticks. Dad treated us to melon and croissants at his place while the dogs passed out on the cool tile floor and we tried to teach Ryan how to say "croissant".
Back home for naps, I finished taping the new baseboards (part of the new tile project) and managed to paint a few yards before it was time to head to the Boivins' for a belated graduation party, where Ryan typically wowed everyone with his cute eyelashes, bravery in the face of Chloe, and ability to Put It Away. The boy is a garbage disposal. I found some cuts on his thumb tonight, and the guess is he accidentally tried to eat it.
Wanting at least something to be done and a period to be placed on a project (if not a semi-colon, pending Ainsley's approval of my work), I painted the rest of the baseboards and the occasional other bits of house I found to be whitish and paintable. (Sorry, Jeremy.) Done at 12:21 am.
The week begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home