October 31, 2008

Zoomunchy

I'm awful glad Erin decides to get up at 5 am. Otherwise I'd never see her.

Been getting home after dinner the last few nights, finding Erin already asleep, Ryan already in bed. A few words of hello and goodbye to him, then a few hours downstairs getting Halloween costumes together, watching my amazing exhausted wife building an alligator out of peat moss, ping-pong balls, recycled pipe cleaners, gardening gloves, washcloths, shopping bags, and a lot of moxie.

I made the mistake of lying to my wife that'd I'd get home around 5 on Halloween, but at least still got home before it was dark. Ryan immediately found his outer reptile while Ainsley stuffed Erin into a borrowed bumblebee and I got into my topical/historical costume du jour:

Note the southpaw.
Despite the lack of sidewalks, it's nice to live on a short cul-de-sacked street, allowing us to walk up one side and down the other and be done with trick-or-treating. Ryan offered a treat to several people: his adorable off-key version of the "Jack-O-Lantern" song. Not sure he understands the concept yet, but he still said his 'thank-you's and 'happy halloween's when appropriate, still staying in character by stomping from house to house going "Snap! Snap!" As alligators do in the wild.
Erin was game hanging out in a stroller, kicking her feet, mesmerized by the yellow glowstick bracelet on her arm. But we got the kids home and dined, with very few kids stopping by for their own costumed gluttony. I did tell one of them that the cat she was calling "Tomas" was actually Jeremy dressed up as Tomas for Halloween. It's all in the family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home