April 25, 2006

The Unwritten Rule

Found out yesterday that the base newspaper rejected my Perryville article on the basis that it heavily endorsed visiting Perryville.

This is what AFIT's Public Affairs representative was told, anyway.

*blink. blink.* I said, in his office.
"That was the whole point," I offered.
"I know."
"It's a military newspaper...talking about a militarily important site."
"I know."
"There's stuff in base newspapers all the time about visiting places." (The ones in Colorado Springs have a weekly feature -- go to this museum, go to this amusement park, go to this shopping center, for the love of Deke Slayton.
"...I know. We're a third-rate organization on this base, so it all depends on which way the wind's blowing as to whether they accept news articles from us. They're getting better, but..."

But nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home