June 29, 2006

Strength Through Unity

There's a good T-shirt slogan for a Joint Service Softball Team, right there.
Also, E Pluribus Seminar Unum.
Since we're Seminar One.
Also "Tunisian Rescue Squad." Since we'll be doing a North African wargame later on in the course.

But in the meanwhilst.
So far we've just gotten to know each other, with each of the services getting together to brief what they bring to the joint fight. We felt slightly bad for the one Marine in our group, but only slightly. The Japanese and Bulgarian reps also briefed us about their respective countries and militaries.
(What we learned about Bulgaria: it's the size of Tennessee, "Strength Through Unity" is the country's slogan, the cyrillic alphabet was invented there, and no, it's not Belgium. What we learned about Japan: Mt Fuji is a volcano waiting to happen.)

A day and a half of standard inter-service needling and facts and figure slide shows, but I was psyched to get to talk to folks about space for the first time in almost two years. And this was the education I feel I missed out on by going to AFIT, so I'm having a helluva time so far.

The lot of us carpooled to a Greek restaurant last night (a couple guys brought their wives) for esprit de gyro, and I drove a contingent of two AF and our token Army girl, showing off my Hybrid the best I could. Might be a weekly thing, getting together as a group. My nattily clad Army tablemate was dressed in red pants and a flowery shirt that had some spewing soda out their nostrils. I called him Cuban Pete.

Hopa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home