August 21, 2006

Throwing Money at the Problem

After five years of medication, chiropractocity, exercise, stretching, special diets, massage, accupuncturement, and west African tribal chants, the back is still in some pain. But not as bad as it was, consistently, anyway. However, I have noticed the last few weeks that I feel a lot worse sleeping in my own bed than I do the one in Norfolk. Having swapped them back and forth over the years, it's hard to remember which of my old mattresses this is, but it's at least seven years old and at most twelve. So yesterday, we decided to take our credit card to Rockaway Bedding, horizontally test-drive a bunch of different styles, and get ourselves a new, firm, solid, King Koil Serta EuroTop flame-resistant mattress. To be delivered Tuesday.
Coincidentally, after we had decided on the brand, I noticed that the one we chose had been endorsed by some Chiropractic organization.
We did try out the Swedish space-age tempurpedic mattress, but I felt like a nerf football sitting in the armpit of a giant smog monster.
So NOT comfortable, is my point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home