December 01, 2006

First of Firsts on the First

Greetings from the Alburquerque International Sunport, which also has flights to other parts of the Earth. This is the first time I've ever used my computer inside an airport. Dayton had console/booths with internet, but here I've got my very own comfy Compaq with wireless access and the world passing me by.
And with my mood people better keep passing.
It seems that weather only sticks to United airplanes, as the bad weather in the midwest has affected only MY plane. My flight from Denver to DC is on time, every other airline out of ABQ is flying on time, but the one I needed to get me to Denver? 2 hours late, then ultimately canceled. Any other flight that could have gotten me to the greater districtial metropolitan area left five minutes after I was trying to check in, so barring a flight to Philadelphia ("would that help?" '.....'), they have put me on a flight to Los Angeles, where they will suspend me in midair and wait for the earth to rotate underneath me until Dulles airport is underneath, when they will gently drop me into the B terminal with a complimentary bag of mixed nuts.

Which may as well be what they do, since I'm actually on the red-eye that is supposed to get in at 6:30 in the morning on Saturday. But since this is a United airplane, it might have a cold and not get in until Pearl Harbor day.

At the very least, they put me in First Class for the shorter leg to LAX, and I've never sat in First Class before. But I'm going to be one tired guacho come December 2nd, and Ryan just won't understand that at all when I come stumbling into the house around 8 am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home