December 13, 2006

Ryan's Bravehart Weekend

It really is a wonder he's still alive.

You tend to rarely see mommies throw their children up in the air, balance them on one palm above their heads in a Superman pose, or do the rudimentary day-to-day gravity-defying roughhousing that daddies are supposed to do. It's a federal law.
I learned early on (even back when my nephew was a tot) that putting little kids on your shoulders does wonders for their outlook on life. With Ryan, we have come up with a Nadia Comi Nadia Comanescz
we have come up with a Mary Lou Retton-esque dismount whereby he leans over to one side, and I swing his head down, bending over slightly as I swoop him into my arms in a cradle, going "woo hoo hoo." Kind of like the guys from "Cinderella" did with their guitars.
Yes, that cool.
Anyhoo, I know that Ainsley has seen me do it, time and time again, but instinct took over on Sunday, and she reached out for her "falling" boy, scratching him under the nose with her fingernail.
Later, while holding Ryan and wearing her festive, "snowflake"/Ninja Star earrings, Ryan flailed his head about excitedly, scratching his left nostril on one of the now-retired baubles.
Monday, we moved to internal thrashing, as Ainsley found him awake from his nap with a new friend we'll just call "Pile o' Puke". He was off all day, getting ripped internally and losing his appetite for the first time in thirteen and a half months.
The good news is that the bug only seemed to last 24 hours, but the bad news is that through reverse boob osmosis (clinical term), he gave it to Ainsley, who has eaten a grand total of two-thirds of a piece of toast in the past 23 hours, as she hasn't been able to keep anything else down. I came home from work two hours early yesterday and was able to take care of Ryan until bed time (when he still needs Mommylove), and I'm playing hooky today.
My son is crying out from the next room.
Sounds like "Freeeedoooom!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home