December 09, 2006

Kwalled

I passed my eval yesterday afternoon with crawling colors.
I was not pleased with how I did, but the three officers in my unit who made up the board were very cool about my rough patches and helped me along and used it more as a training opportunity than a chance to highlight all the things I don't know yet. Still, whereas it took the guy in the morning 1:40 minutes to complete, we were in there for nearly three hours. May have just been the luck of the draw. But my reward for passing is the opportunity to go to Votkinsk, Russia for six weeks in the dead of winter. Had I not passed, the punishment would have been to go to Votkinsk, Russia, for six weeks in the dead of winter. So that should be a crispy hoot and a half. But at least I get along with my workmates. My boss for that six weeks was one of my evaluators, and he tried to buck up my spirits afterwards, saying I did fine, it's a hard test, and we work as a team out on site and watch each other's backs.
I finally got to use one of my favorite lines:

There is no "I" in "team."

But there are two in "idiot."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home