March 18, 2007

The Peremony was Nipe

Ryan woke up aroud quarter to eight, and I didn't want to walk in on him and freak him out first thing, but couldn't resist following "mama" up the stairs to peek in on him. She opened his curtains, and said, "Ryan, where's dada?" And he darted his pointin' finger over towards my picture. So I said, "Yes, but here, too." He whipped his head around, then looked at Ainsley, who said, "Who's that??!", so he just pointed at my picture again. As I only exist in 2-D, really.
I walked in, and he gave me big, open-mouthed, six-tooth, squinty-eyed grins. My boy. Now I'm REALLY home.
He had a play date with his buddy Jack at a church's day care -- though he didn't appreciate getting hit in the head with a plastic frying pan, he did enjoy the small slide and see-saw. That afternoon, Grandad came over to babysit so Ainsley and I could go to my friend Jean's wedding up in Arlington. Despite the freezing rain that turned to snow, it was a nice wedding, and lovely to see an old friend find happiness. However, I was a little put off by the typeface in the program, with the cursive italicized "C"s all looking like "P"s. So it looked like after the lighting of the unity pandle, we'd experience the presentation of the pouple.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SAAAAAAAALUTE!!!!!! Congratulations to the big guy who juggled potatoes in the kitchen, now fulfilling his aspirations. Proud of ya!! Darlene Brinson--Ponderosa

7:30 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Oh, that 'Ponderosa' wasn't really necessary. There is only one Darlene Brinson.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are missed.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home