January 21, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Finally.
After the tenth-warmest December in DC-area history, we were starting off January as the warmest ever EVER ever* until this week, when we finally got the tail end of the winter weather hitting the rest of the country. And today, for the first time all winter, it snowed. And stuck. To my dog.

*ever.

Freezing rain is supposed to follow, and then all will melt tomorrow, but for now it looks pretty. And like Christmas shoulda. A neighbor across the street turned her Christmas lights on in her front yard.

Ryan turned fifteen months old today. To celebrate, we taught him how to say "touchdown" while watching the playoffs. Though he just goes "ttcheeeee" and raises his hands up next to his face. Perhaps he's a bodybuilder in another life and can't get the biceps that high up.

Hard to believe Christmas was almost a month ago. I'm still just getting to some of my presents. And finding places for all of Ryan's. Next year, no presents for the boy: just a flat piece of wood with a bunch of different buttons on it that light up that he can stand next to and poke so he leaves the stereo alone.
I got a bunch of great books and clothes and my fourth teabag strainer from my mother-in-law, and Ainsley and I both got each other a new shower head. But my favorite gift of the season was the book I gave to a family friend who is constantly traveling into odd spots on the planet:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home