April 05, 2008

Gigglefart

My daughter laughed today.
"Were you doing something funny?" my wife asks in a did-she-really-laugh-or-was-it-just-spontaneous-guffawing when I report to She of Infant Milestone Annotation.
"To her, sure."
Just simple peek-a-boo behind a pillow case I was folding out of the dryer, but there were definite laughs in response to my laughs at her, twice, and then again ten minutes later upstairs while making googooface, so as to prove it nonflukish.

Better mood than Ryan, unfortunately, who melted like Nachos Supreme at Cartoon Cuts, despite the fact that he'd been there before and got to watch Wiggles and seemed to be looking forward to seeing the large green elephants. But as soon as his bottom hit the chair, out came the closed-eye waterworks and two reaching hands. The girl was very good about doing his hair quickly, since he didn't even calm down after I got him a quick lollipop (imagine!). I'd brought Erin with me so Ainsley could take care of last-minute cleaning, and she was mesmerized by his breakdown.

All set for tomorrow -- tons of people supposed to come, but unfortunately a boatload of rain that was supposed to arrive today now looks like it stopped in North Carolina to do antiquing or something, and now will spew on our parade instead. Guess I'll bust out the Parcheesi for the kids.
Of course, I haven't actually seen the e-vite, and this whole thing could have just been a ruse on behalf of my wife to clean the house. Though that's a lot of hot dog buns to buy in the name of subterfuge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home