May 15, 2008

Love Me Tendon

So the x-rays were negative, but man does it still hurt to push my son in a swing.
Or lift my daughter's car seat anything more than yay high.
Or roll over in bed.
Felt like arthritis in the wrists at first, but now it's just a dull ache combined with a sharp pain anytime I try to push off with my left. I have to get up off the floor (where I tend to be an exceptional amount these days) by pushing up on my knuckles as opposed to my palms. The doc on Tuesday told me it might be tendinitis, for which WebMD prescribes a) doing nothing on it for a period of weeks to months -- uh, no: Ryan needs a bath -- or b) steroid injections to prolong the inevitable amputation.
No, no.
The doctor said he'd get back to me this week. I'll just hold my daughter in the bend of my right elbow instead.
Meanwhile, stop the presses, the kids aren't sleeping much, though Ryan has been pretty good about going down at night, saying "bye-bye" and blowing kisses as I leave the room. Miss Baldy, though, is a different basket of plankton. Monday Ainsley asked me a little after 8pm to try to get her to go to sleep (after she'd nursed over an hour), defrosting a bottle and telling me to wake her up at 10 if she wasn't down. Turns out that she fell asleep in my arms just after 10, so we watched the news and Letterman (after watching a great episode of "House" together, me swinging her in her car seat (with the good hand)). It's hard to feel good to have given your wife an extra two hours of sleep when you realize that's about all she's had since President's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home