April 28, 2008

BigBoyBed!

Sunday was gloomy and overcast, but after watching Way Too Much TV, Ainsley wanted the boy OUT, so he helped me push around the wheelbarrow to move some old rotting leaves into a less conspicuous area of the backyard, throw nuts and sticks and marvel at the little grasslings growing in front of the porch ("No Way!" says Ainsley).
Had to study Air War College for a couple hours, then swung by to pick up the bed, which Dad and Ryan helped put together with Swedish Simplicity. Ryan was especially adept at handing over the long black screws (or putting them in himself).

He was thrilled with the concept, dove right in (even before we'd put in the mattress), and after reading some books, I was able to place him into his bed with four of his favorite stuffed animals du jour. I decided to hang out with him as long as he needed, lying on my chest next to him, face on forearms, eyes closed. He was quiet, though one time I felt him reach down and touch my back, and when the dogs started carrying on outside, I told him I had to go let them in. He was fine all night, and when he woke up at 6:50 Monday morning, he called for Mommy, as opposed to somersaulting out of bed himself and banging on the door with his sippy cup yelling "ATTICA!" Which I'm sure will come in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home