January 11, 2009

Abbasault

Bless her heart, but as previously mentioned, for Christmas my wife got me the film version of the most popular musical on the planet for anyone over 12, "Mamma Mia!"
It is now not only a daily request from the boy, but Ainsley was also good enough to find my "ABBA Gold" cd, so at least we could pick and choose a few songs for him to listen to after dinner, rather than trying to coax him, crying and pouty, away from the television.
He now wants to hear the cd every night during dinner (no), and can't wait to get down and run around in the Office in a marionettesque dancing-like fashion.
"Can I hear ALL the songs of Mamma Mia?" he asks between bites of peas.
Maybe two, after you finish your milk.
"Can I hear...'You can dance...you can dance...having the time of your life...ooo...see that girl...watch that thing...diggin..dancing tween...'?"
What else.
"Mamma Mia...here I go again...my my...how can I a sister?"
Meanwhile, Erin claps and sways and undulates and grins in her booster.

Okay, good that something makes him super-happy, and Ainsley notes how neat it is that the musical and the movie are bringing the Abba music to a whole new generation, but I am beginning to resent their very Nordic, spandexed existence. I'll be at work and a song will stick in my head. I will wake up in the morning humming "S.O.S."
For a third change of pace, I found some of their videos on YouTube, so that's fun for a lark if you're every bored or need a Halloween Costume for 70s-themed party.

1 Comments:

Blogger Timothy G said...

That's my nephew! -- lovin' the show tunes! I'll be sure to get him some Bette, Babs and Liza for his birthday this year!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home