May 13, 2009

Snausagefest

Ainsley realized the other day that we're now living with five male pets. That's it. Nary a uvula among them. Or whatever. I didn't really pay attention in health class, what with Lisa Whatsherface there and all.

Ainsley also commented how weird it is to just have two dogs, and how "normal" that is. I mean, we could pass for a respectable couple now. Could maybe even get on-base housing or an overseas assignment. She can walk our dogs all by herself, even. Two. For the first time in like 7 years.

During the meanwhilst, tattooed Bailey black arm band notwithstanding, life goes on. Just got back from a week around the country with some awfully gracious members of the Royal Moroccan Air Force, then spent a relaxing Sunday out at the barn for Mother's Day (I gave my mother-in-law 100% recycled toilet paper and organic chapstick, so she can "work both ends", her husband said). The three non-me's stayed an extra two days since I had to be right back at work on Monday, but Dad came along for the day and the ride home, too. Great to see Ryan enjoying both grandfathers, chasing them, asking to be chased, encouraging them to chase each other... even Erin got into the game, with the cutest little grandpa-copycat monster roar you've ever heard.

So my glasses will be here in 3 to 5 weeks. I 'failed' a flight physical eye exam in April (being rated 20/25 two days before I came down with conjunctivitis, mind you), and although the optometrist today said that if I were a civilian, he wouldn't prescribe anything for my 'slow' 20/20, he went ahead and filled in an order for glasses so I could be correctable to 20/20 for my exam upstairs. I don't have any problems seeing, but I have to admit the itty bitty letters were clearer with through the better lenses.

My wife with the 20/4003 vision would like me to shut the hell up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home