November 18, 2005

Getting to UnKnow You

I've now been gone for as long as I was home with my boy. I miss him. I'm starting to forget little things about what he looks like, and am obviously missing out on the daily changes. Plus I miss getting to know him as he becomes more coherent day to day, which I didn't really get to while I was there. There really wasn't a connection made, which was perfectly understandable with someone who spent most of the day either asleep or buried in my wife's mammariousness. I just fed him and cleaned him. It was almost like just having another foster kitten in the house, only this one was actually wearing its own litter box.
So while I miss experiencing my boy, and learning all there is to know, like how the back of his head feels like a half-filled soda can, I feel worse that I'm not there for my wife, spelling her, giving her a breather when she needs it, sharing things with her, letting her feel like a human rather than a milk spigot.
Thank goodness for her parents and my dad, stopping by when they can.
Only seven more months...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home