June 13, 2008

Slo-mo D.Go ergo so-so

I have found a doctor who is willing to give me a permanent medical profile that will a) prohibit me from having to run in a fit test and b) not kick me out of the air force. The unspoken c), it being 'permanent' and all, means that I don't have to go back every year and explain my life history to a new doctor and get my fitness exemption updated for another 365 days.
However:
A) This doctor is in the Army. He claims to have spoken to an Air Force doctor, who told him that the Air Force 'should' accept the Army form, since I work on an Army Base.
B) I'm not working on an Army base in three and a half weeks
C) The doctor is leaving in five days
So stand by.
At any rate, the couldn't give me a permanent profile for my back and a temporary one for my wrist, so I'm on a temporary for both until my wrist is cleared up (which isn't looking good) and then the permanent one will be in force.
We'll see.
At a different rate, in lieu of running around a track six times, I sat on a stationary bike hooked up to a computer, peddled at 50rpm at progressively higher resistance, and out spat a number that tells me how well my heart is converting blood into iron or oxygen into plasma or sweat into methane or something. It's all very scientific.
But thanks to rides with Ryan in the trailer and weekly scoots to the library, I outspat the best number ("46!" Ainsley: "What does that mean?" "I don't know! Isn't it great?") I've seen in a decade or so of taking the silly test.
So I am officially numerically more fit than the Air Force has every known me to be.
Time to celebrate with a pizza.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home