June 11, 2008

Thought Control? Unnecessary.

Had a bit of a scare: showed up at the testing center ten minutes early, and the lady says, "Did you get my e-mail?"
Not so much.
Especially since they had sent it to my schriever.af.mil account. Circa 2004.
Apparently the system was down.
Great.
But she had written to ensure I'd brought the test confirmation e-mail so they knew what test to give me. I'd happened to print it out just before leaving so I'd have the phone number.
So phewph.

Even phewpher, I got 32 questions right out of 36 for an 89% score. Last test, done. It wasn't easy, but after reading over 1000 pages since March and watching 3 hours of video lectures, enough crap stuck to my synapses to pass.
Good news all around.
Told the family, who were excited for me, not having to stay late at work or go away on Sunday afternoons to study, and although it wasn't meant this way, the initial reaction was like a lance to the stomach:
"Ryan! You get your Daddy back!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home