July 15, 2008

Go, Fish.

Ryan jumped off the diving board this evening.

Okay, the massive gravitational pull of the earth took hold of him at a rate of 32 feet per second per second as he let go of my hand and gingerly stepped off the end of the diving board onto a waiting noodle. But still.

That was something I was too chicken doot to do when I was 5.

He's also gotten better at jumping to me in the water without holding my hands, though he may have just been showing off for his Grandad who'd stopped by to watch. But rather than just fall down into me and strain to keep his chin above water, his first jump yesterday was a spring-in-the-knee toddler arc that caught me by surprise -- he nearly flew over my shoulder.

He's getting a little giddy with it now, freaking his mother out.

"Ready?"
"Yeah!"
"Okay, 1..."
*sploosh*

"2..." I say, as I pull him out from a foot below the water surface.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home