July 06, 2008

Oh Happy Day

Slept 9 hours. Nine! "Eight?" NEIN!
I'm not bragging, gloating, rubbing it in. I just needed that, is all I'm saying.
The Fouldses left after a breakfast of prosciutto e melone (LOVE this Wegman's thing!), which allowed us a lovely lazy Sunday at home, save for meeting up with Ron & Angela for lunch (Hi, Kristen!) I mean, when the kids were down for afternoon naps, I sat in the basement, surfing itunes and watching a movie! For fun! I haven't done that since
Hmm.
If you don't count recuperating from surgery or being home sick, I honestly don't know. Haven't a clue. College?
When everyone got up, we took a stroll down to the park so both could swing and Ryan could bounce his superball on the tennis courts, before having a light dinner of chicken fajitas in the sunroom (Erin sucked on a pepper). I gave Erin a bath, which she seemed to enjoy, and I hung out with her in her room for a half-hour, just giving her new little toys to shake and shake and shake, Ryan crawling over my hips crashing two of his three Lightning McQueens together, the three dogs lying around me on the floor. Just a lovely, carefree night. So nice to not be packing for a trip (not that I've unpacked from my last one yet), studying for a test, wrapping presents, or worrying that the house is falling apart. It was a perfect summer day. Even into which a little rain must fell. Or something famously poetic like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home