June 21, 2008

Quit breathing on my stromboli

After feeling nauseous Monday and Tuesday, I started to wonder what drug addicts see in Oxycontin, but after taking it only at night, MAN did I get some nice sleep. Apparently Ryan woke up twice the last two nights, and I didn't hear a peep. (oops!) Also woke up at 7:15 today to learn that Ainsley had been up with Erin since 5. "Say Good Morning, Erin. Say Good Night, Erin," said Ainsley, two ships in opposite stages of tedium passing in the stairwell.
I thought I'd give Ainsley a short break, so later that monring I took Erin and Ryan out to run some errands and pick up lunch, which went well until Erin fell asleep in the van on the way back. I tried to play Megadeth to keep her awake (Ryan's choice! I swear! "Ryan, do you want to listen to 'Cows' or 'Megadeth'?" "Meggy Deth!") but she was an out puppette. Until the instant I opened the van door, of course. So Ainsley enjoyed a cold panini an hour later.

Yesterday, the office was nice enough to give me and another guy in my branch our going-away plaques and some snazzy Defense Meritorious Service Medals for being meritoriously defensive, while also receiving some lovely parting words, handshakes, and hugs, before YAY MORE FRICKLES at "Bungalows." Only lunch took two and a half hours for ten of us...started out with a half-hour delay because the computers were down, allowing me to reminisce back in my college restaurant time where we had silly archaic devices called pencils to write orders down.

Driving home on a nice night, I thought it would be a change to walk up the main road to a restaurant and eat outside, but we ran out of sidewalk (typical in this county), so rather than risk turning my kids into stroller pancakes, we ate some instead at IHOP. Erin sucked on a chunk of watermelon.

Tonight we hit the mall to buy me some new dress shoes that are not in '80s fashion, raid a Linens 'n Stuff going-out-of-business sale, and grab a quick bite, hampered by the fact that some very strange 8-year-old decided to pull up a chair and grab Erin's arm, then sit next to me, leaning on our table, not saying a word, talking about the baby...very freaky stuff. I half expected her to grab my wallet and run, but she was just this personal space-invading, clueless wonder, not being minded by her extremely obese obliviot family members the next table over, each thumbing their cell phones. I finally politely asked her to go away so we could eat.

Our gutters are fixed. So of course part of my backyard fence fell over and the attic fan is about ready to explode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home