July 07, 2008

Oh Crappy Night

Well, it was one of those nights that you wonder why anyone ever puts Tab A into Slot B.
Erin was just about asleep, but Dover had crawled under the bed before going outside -- didn't want him waking us up at 2am having to say howdy to a tree, so I tried to whisperly coax him out (he's still petrified at the possibility of fireworks), and when that didn't work, I grabbed his collar, but he growled, snarled, yapped, and shrieked at me in the span of two seconds, so Erin was just about not asleep.
Ainsley finally got her down, but thanks to inappropriate gastrointestinal events, she was up again a little after ten, and then Wide Awake How's It Goin Hey Neat Watch Wow Furry Chest Daddy What Time Is It Oh Look Toes until close to 1am. That lasted until 4, when she was up again, and while Ainsley and I took turns getting her to fall asleep in our arms, as soon as we tried to lay her down, she'd start the hysterics again. I had her asleep in her rocking chair on my lap for about twenty minutes, but that killed my back, so I was able to lie down with her in the crux of my armpit for another fifteen or so. Finally gave up at brought her downstairs, asleep while held, watching news, sports, weather, and VH1 classic, which she found intriguing once she finally woke woke around quarter to seven.
Good time to have a day off, no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home