October 01, 2008

Hot and Cold

The boy sees a picture of me on the desk at home today while I'm at the Pentagon. He decides to spontaneously comment to his mother.

"I love my Daddy."

Ainsley (touched): "Awww. Do you want to call him at work and tell him?"

"No, thank you."


Which is fine, because our phone conversations usually consist of thus:

"Hello, Daddy."
"Hi, Ryan. How are you? (or whatever I happen to say)"
"Mommy's here and Erin's here and Ryan's here." (I can practically hear him looking around the room.)
He will mention whatever he is doing and I will ask what color something is and he will say "What" three times and then his mother tells him to say Bye Bye Daddy.
"Bye, bye, Daddy. Seeyoulata. Bye."

Still, it just about makes my day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, not while I'm eating.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home