December 05, 2008

The Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Likes My Wif'e's Fudge

I don't remember there being a Christmas party at the Pentagon when I was there in 2004, but there seems to be one every day this month in some corridor or another. Today's was the "Command Section" party, with the CSAF and SECAF and a BANDAF and some PORKAF. Our office was asked to bring in desserts, so my wife took it upon herself to make the most fantasticful yummilicious pistachio cranberry white chocolate fudge in the shape of a wreath.
My boss sampled an early sliver before the official start.
Apparently, this will reflect positively on my Performance Report.
It stood out partially because some other folks brought in pre-packaged cookies or store-bought pastries -- granted, everyone's busy, but my wife's raising two munchkins and doesn't sleep and still gets up to run downstairs at 6:15 in the morning to find a decorative bow for the right-lower quadrant of the wreath.
Everyone raved about it, especially since I kept pushing people towards it, there in the front of the desserts in front of the mousse and next to the doughnuts.
Seriously. Kripie Kreams.
Zipped home to meet the rents-in-law at "On the Border" on us, as they were gracious enough to come in to town to grab the twin bed in Erin's room, taking up valuable walkin'-around space.
They also got some leftover fudge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home