December 05, 2007

I'm A Nice Hort

It's a good thing I'm in the military with so many fine Americans with whom I can be co-horts.
Even when I'm corrigible.
With fettered access.

I don't understand why even though we have seventeen lamps in this house, they are all configured so that when I cup my hand under the lampshade to turn them off, the switch is always at the opposite end of my palm. I can grab 345 degrees around the lamp post and the switch is sitting there in the remaining 15-degree arch, laughing at me, wasting energy.

We have gotten Ryan down an hour earlier that last two nights.
He has compensated by getting up at 5:20 and 4:58 am.

We had our first snow of the season -- a fat, wet, more-than-dusting that started in morning rush hour, cried havoc and let loose the fenderbenders of war on the winterly inexperienced. I had planned on leaving early for a conference in McLean, but it only took me about 50 minutes to get up there. The guys in from Tampa took two hours to get there from their hotel.
I don't recall having driven much in the snow in the Escape -- I still have this ingrained feeling that I'm driving my rear-wheel-drive Thunderbird. Maybe overcompensating. Got into DTRA around 12:30, surprised to see Mike still there, as he was supposed to go to the afternoon session of the conference. He pointed at the weather out the window. I pointed at my picture of Jeremy then at him. He understood.

Stayed home from work yesterday morning because Ainsley was feeling blah and non-laborious crampy and the girl had decided to play possum for a few hours; while a call went in to the clinic, Ainsley had some breakfast grits that woke her (the zygotia) back up, so all is well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home