December 30, 2007

Kinderguardin

Walked the dogs this morning for the first time in six or seven weeks, so they're happy. Then, after getting Ryan down for his nap (by myself!) we all piled in to the bedroom for a nap.
Yes, even me. After sort-of-sleeping on the couch next to Erin during her nighttime snooze from 11:30 to 2:40am, I switched off with Ainsley until Ryan woke me up at 6:30. Unlike yesterday, when I actually got him to fall asleep in bed with me for another two hours, this morning he was rarin'. Lil' Hop on Pop. Delayed him upstairs until about 8, which was good because Ainsley had only just gotten to sleep with Erin at 7:10.
Tis the life we lead with the new youngsters.
Ergo, my first nap attempt in years.
Unfortunately, Ainlsey had forgotten that some kind friends of hers were bringing over dinner for us; they knocked on the door an hour into our siesta. Unsiesting the dogs in a barkus manner. I crawled downstairs and apologized on the porch as they strapped their little boy back in the car seat, then hit the hot tub to get rid of a headache.
Dad came over to watch the Redskins beat the Cowboys and sneak into the playoffs again, while I built a huge roaring fire on my new thirty-inch wide log rack I got for Christmas.
I'm SO glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home