January 08, 2008

I had a stiffy

So I'm walking down the hall at work last Thursday around noon and make a fist (as you do), and realized that not every finger wanted to cooperate. Look down, and the inside (bendy bit) of my right middle finger was swollen and pinkish purple.
Huh.
Odd. Didn't hit it, didn't let it get bit by a neighbor cat.
Did my cold spread to my finger? A virus cause this digital infarction? Let's give it a day.
A little better, but still tender and stiff and dark at the knuckles. May as well get it checked out.
Had to drive to the Pentagon to pick up my records, then back to Fort Belvoir, since I'd decided after a day of trying to get an appointment at the Pentagon, and now that I don't have easy Hybrid HOV 24/7 access, it made more sense to get seen closer to work. Granted, this is my third clinic in ten months, so we'll see.
Still not used to having doctors be Captains. Young punks. Doctors are supposed to be "sir"s. Experienced. Gray hair. White coat. I think Dad said he felt this way the first time we elected a president that was younger than he was (T. Roosevelt).
The guy was stumped -- sometimes blood vessels just pop, he suggested, after giving me a once-over to see if I had any other bruising (we glossed over the red hot-tub-jet circle burned into my back that Ainsley noticed the other day). They took blood to see if my platelet count was down, but assumed it was just one o' those things. It's gotten better, and I again type like the wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home