January 03, 2008

My car misses me

I'm sure of it.
The whole point of the Ford Escape was to replace the two-door Thunderbird, which was good for picking up the chicks (mostly Bailey), but not good for easily emplacing eminent offspring. So here came the family car. Which I love. Fun to drive, green to drive, hot to drive (what with the heated leather seats).
Only ... Ainsley loves more her car. She has a name for him (Sherwood). Redskins logos festooned all over it. Stick shift. Compact, yet wagony.
She didn't want to give it up. Easy enough to stick a kid in, she said.
Even when she was With Sister, she repelled my hints to start using my car so she wouldn't be bending and stretching and hauling the 30-lb lad. "Mine," she said, pointing at the black car. Stubborn.
But now...
Her back seat was just getting too cramped for Ryan's legs, and having to sit an extra car seat back there, it was just getting to be too much.
So here comes the family car. Sitting idle, cold, and sad in the driveway in Just In Case status, while I take the Subarubble up to work Not Using the HOV Lanes Ever No Sir.
My butt is cold.
My back hurts.
On the plus side, I can listen to all my old tapes, since the Ford Escape only plays CDs.
...piece of crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home