January 01, 2008

Gift Exchange

Erin and I had a fairly even swap:
I got her a pink military camouflage outfit and some socks that say "First Lady."
She gave me something I've never had: the ability to go to sleep with the lights on and TV blaring. Wearing all my clothes.
So that was my New Year's Eve at 10:30pm. Ainsley sent me to bed, then decided to see if the three of us could crash together for the first time. Erin woke up a few times, needed a diaper change at 3am, my back killed me from trying to lie still, and Ryan got us both up at 7.
So that technique's a big No.
Spent most of the morning today at Babies Is Us, me chasing Ryan around the maze of clothes and letting him drink from the water fountain, while Ainsley nursed Erin and random salespeople asked if we needed help. We eventually got around to buying a new glider for the nursery, since the wooden rocking chair from the front porch was doing Ainsley's back(side) no bloody good. It was one of the easiest things I've ever put together out of a box, so yay Canada. So now she can maybe catch some zzzzs while/after nursing. Also changed a bunch of light bulbs in the house, installed our new computer monitor, recharged my iPod, and basically only accomplished 16% of everything I wanted to accomplish before heading back to work tomorrow for the first time in eighteen days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home