April 13, 2008

Tamper

Good ol' Dad. Came over to walk the boy and canines, then sat with Ryan forever while the lad super-slowly ate a Peanut Butter and Jelly and Banana (ew!) sandwich, then put him to bed while I finished packing -- he would come back for dinner to help put him down for the night while I was on a plane. He sure is hairy for a super nanny.

Thanks to a major cluster fox at the airport with broken TSA equipment and a 17000-member high school marching band cramming the aisles, I barely made it to my crowded flight, though it didn't matter because we were stuck for over an hour at the gate while Dulles tried to unclusterfy the baggage situation. The Captain even came out of his royal perch to look us in the faces while keeping us informed, which I'd never seen before.

Got to Tampa and realized my rental car info wasn't included in my itinerary printout, so I had to do a sort of "Are You My Mother?" inquiry from counter to counter to see if they had a reservation in my name -- finally remembered after the first two strikes that it was Alamo. Got lost on the way to the Air Force base, then got lost on the base, so it was after 10:30 before I got to my room.

But I have internet connection and both a humming de-humidifier and roaring A/C unit, so sleep should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home