January 27, 2009

Snow Business

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!

Got a call at work, caller ID says it's home, so I say something silly to Ainsley.

Pause.

Little boy responds: "Hi, Daddy!"

Oh, dear. Ainsley's dead, and instead of dialing 9-1-1 like I trained him, he's called me at work to chat.

"It's SNOWWW-ing!" he exclaims.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"It's snowing at the Pentagon, too."

"Whoa." Clearly too much excitement for one day. But I was able to convince Ainsley (not dead, it turns out) to bundle up the munchkids and get them out in their first snowfall of the season in the off chance that it's the last.

There was enough daylight when I got home to join him outside again per his request to go and build a snowman, but the consistency just wasn't quite there, so the results aren't going to be put in the Louvre anytime soon. The neighbor across the street provided the carrot and buttons, then her son and Ryan spent another twenty minutes throwing wispy snow at each other's backs. So thank you, Mother Nature, for reading my blog. Sorry about all the nasty things I said about you the other day, but we needed this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got 11.5 inches here today. Trevor made $50 shoveling driveways!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home