January 08, 2008

See-Saw Sleep

It seems I'm no longer sixteen and a half.
The plan was for me to stay up late with Erin, hanging out, making sure she didn't turn green or catch fire, then hand her up to Ainsley when she needed to be fed, then hanging out with Erin some more if I could, showing her late-night TV while letting Mommy catch more zzzs. Friday night I was successful, as we watched (at the same time on different channels) "Ferris Bueller", "The Natural", and something else, then after a quick fillerup, "Timecop" on video, inspired by the Mia Sara sighting in "Ferris". On the next squaw squawk, I let Ainsley be in charge for the rest of the night, falling asleep around 2.
But the house woke up at 7, and though Ainsley brought Erin in to me and we managed to snooze together in bed for a couple hours (Ainsley briefly terrified that I was smothering her with my massive biceps), I was still a little yawnie the rest of the day.
Not wanting to be around That Mood anymore, Ainsley told me to go to bed at 10:30, and I didn't have the strength to protest. So we've done that ever since -- I get one late night in me, then have to crash early the next. I went to work on Monday with bags under my eyes the size of portabella mushrooms (not helped by Ryan getting up at 3:25 and not being able to get him back down till 4), so I was sent to bed at 9 last night. Tonight I feel fabulous. Erin's been asleep for a couple hours, and Ryan seems to be breathing heavy on the monitor. I'll send the wife to bed, and watch a Christmas DVD or something. I told Ainsley that being able to watch all my old movies, it was like being single again. With a kid. Which made no sense. That was one of the nights she sent me to bed early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home