January 14, 2008

Watch your fork and mouth

As always, we have to be careful what we say around these kincentric parts.
As in, perhaps the order should be "Ryan, take your plate and fork to the kitchen."
A week ago, I was listening to an old mix tape and got a song stuck in my head. Apparently I shared it with Ryan, since today, out of the blue, Ryan started singing "There's Only One Way To Rock."
He also got a new toothbrush for Christmas with spinning bristles (his seventeenth). I called it the spaceman, but when I was nefariously not around, Ainsley had referred to it as the astronaut. Don't want to confuse the poor lad, so I'll give in. Compromise is the key to parental joint fortitude. Or something.
But we do want to help him with his pronunciation:
"Ryan, do you want the purple toothbrush or the astronaut?"
"Assnot?"
"Ass-TROE-not."
"Ass-HO-not?"
...."Spaceman?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home