January 10, 2008

I'm going to get shot someday

I was in Enterprise Information System training to learn how the Agency does electronic staffing of taskers. Full room. 30 folks or so. It was supposed to be 2 hours, but the instructor breezed through the slides in an hour, answering a few questions along the way. At the end, she asked if there were any other questions.
A lady off to the side put her hand up and half-turned to the room and said, "Yeah, uh, this doesn't have to do with this, but is anyone leaving directly after this who give me a ride to my car? I parked really far away."

silence.

I turned to the room from my front-right position. "I'm going to Safeway after work, anyone need anything?"

"Milk!" came a response.
"Steak!" "Eggs!" "Can I give you my whole list?"
It's good to be helpful.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home