February 01, 2008

I found my thrill

Well, they found my blackberry, so that's one thing. With my name still sticky-noted onto it. Weird.
Friday, my last day as the exec, I decided to wear my flight suit instead of the short-sleeve blue shirt and uncomfortable shoes I'd had on all week.
So of course this is the day that the Director decides he wants to go to Capitol Hill.
Home at lunch, into my "Class A"s, back to work. Everyone in a panic because the boss left ten minutes early, I'm thinking 1400 means 1400. I'm not going to run down the hallway after him. It's nice to be chaufeurred everywhere, and this afternoon, with four of us going, the driver got the Suburban, which was better on my back than sitting cramped in the front seat of the Ford Crown Victoria. Dropped off at the Rayburn Building to meet with some Congressional Staffers, and the first office we came to had a lady at a desk with a sign:
Military Personnel Subcommitte Staffmember
"Can I help you?" asked the lady.
Yes, I'm a military personnel. Are you my subcommittee?
HA HA THAT'S VERY CLEVER she said, stating the obvious.
Got home after 7pm, Ryan celebrated by peeing in his little potty for the third time today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home