February 02, 2008

A night of Dorky Importance

Erin's crying. Rock her, hold her, wrap her, bounce her. Nothing. Decided to give her a little metal rattle, so while she was flailing about, she'd at least get a little rhythm (and maybe distracted enough to stop crying). Ryan brought me another rattle, and after I gently shook it near her face, she stopped snivling enough for me to take her downstairs, where Ainsley watched me with eyes agape.
What.
"She's holding a rattle!"
Well sure, it's what hands do. "Yes, I gave it to her. Is that important?"
"It's An Important Milestone, Ya Dork," she said to me lovingly.
Huh.

We've also been giving Ryan the opportunity to use his Potty whenever he was lower-half nekkid, and today when he stood up from it, a little brown spot was on the bottom.
RYAN! YOU POOPED!
"Huh," his expression seemed to say. But he went to tell Mommy anyway. Then he tried again and drummed out a lovely splatter. "YAAAAAY!!!" we all went. Even calling Mimaa and Aunt Leigha.

Lastly, Ainsley has somehow found the opportunity to pump the last few weeks, and we decided to give the bottle a try. Ainsley went to bed at 10, and Erin slept on my lap until midnight while I watched TV. She didn't like the first bottle I tried, so she screeched in my arms until I transferred it into a different one, which she finally accepted. Slept for an hour, then at 1:20, I was able to give her most of the contents of another bottle.
Which, twenty minutes later, she unceremoniously projectile vomited, including out both nostrils.
One of those Whoa...WHOA! moments.

But we're gettin' there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home