February 05, 2008

Diner Dinner Diddin Dazzle

Day Two of the Reground Saddle. It sucks to be unimportant again. The other two section chiefs have been out of the office, so it's just been a few of us hanging around banging out e-mails. At least I worked on a powerpoint for a couple hours, which I haven't done in a while. Mostly typing, though. Not a lot of sound effects or spiraling bananas. None, in fact. Sad. Just sitting in my cube, drinking tea, listening to Amir Abdmishani tell people how his name is spelled:
"A as in Apple, B as in Boy, D as in David..."
"JUST SPELL IT!"
I told him later to call Carlos about a technical problem.
"Who?"
"C as in car, A as in apple, R as in riboflavin..."

Ryan and Ainsley are snot fountains, and Dad, ever looking on the bright side, said this is a good time to be sick, to get it out of the way before the promotion.
Guess my birthday doesn't matter anymore.
*sniff* <-- emotional sniff, not a nasal drip one

Ryan said his last name for the first time, so that's adorable. He's been saying "Pocomoke" for a year, so the two combined should get him some assistance at the police station.

We took Ryan to Silver Diner tonight to check out its Tuesday kid's night (free shakes!) and I was awful glad I had a coupon for a free meal, since mine tasted like a TV dinner and gave me a splitting headache. The dessert, a barfable chunk of carrot cake (too much carrot, not enough cake) with raspberry sauce insultingly splotched all up and down it, was also on the house, and then in the wife after my first bite or two. A magician came by and mesmerized Ryan with some hidden nerf ball and handkerchief tricks, but scared his friend Jack with the pretend live mongoose. Plus the service was so bad that I had time to change both children's diapers; during Ryan's time on the graffiti-laden changing table, the song "Lollipop" came on, and Ryan licked at his finger and said, "like haircut!"
What a lad. Did I mention he can count to twenty? If you don't care all that much about 18 and 19?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home