February 08, 2008

I sit corrected

I am getting a guilty amount of sleep. Last night, we all turned in relatively early, and when something woke me up at 11pm, I felt as if I'd been asleep for 6 hours. I did notice some big bags under my eyes at work yesterday, so maybe I'm just playing catch-up.
If only I could do a Freaky Friday with Substantially Significant Other. Though Erin is slowly starting to sleep longer stretches (unfortunately, mostly during the day) and stay awake and happy in her chair for longer periods, too.
So I used to hate reading "Go, Dog, Go". Makes no sense. Random dogs on top of random things, insulting each other's hats and driving way too close to each other and almost running over the bird.
But Ryan whips it out from time to time, and it started promisingly, on the first page, with a dog (natch) and the word 'Dog.' typed on the bottom.
Ryan: "D...O....s."
First off, most of his alphabet stuff is all capital letters. Secondly, even when he does learn 'g', it's not going to be that squiggly double-circle with a pimple eyeglasses on its side-looking thing. I mean, look:
g
Where else do you see a "G" written like that? You don't learn to write it that way. It serves no purpose. Draw a circle, connect a hook on the right side, you've got a perfectly good g.
Anyhoo.
Darned if Ryan didn't "read" the first ten pages to me. All I did was flip the pages. And it's not like he was just identifying what he was seeing -- it wasn't "Dogs on train lookin roller coaster thing," it was "Two Dogs going up....one little dog going down." Verbatim. I was shellshocked. Ask the wife.
Almost as cool as him saying "Ryan Gottrich" last night for Grandad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home